SAFE MARBLE MATT
Acid proofing protector for marble. Protects marble surfaces from acid aggressions of common food substances like: lemon, wine, fruit juices, soft drinks and also from soaps and perfumes.
SAFE MARBLE covers the superficial porosity creating an imperceptible protective coat that separates acids from the surface. Owing to its special composition it doesn't turn yellow with UV rays and on mostly marble sorts it does not change the natural color.
SAFE MARBLE treated surfaces become water and oil repellent.
- classification: Solvent-based
- category: Water repellent Oil repellent Anti–corrosion Anti-dirt
- Yield: 1 litre for 20-30 sqm
Anti acid protector for matt marble
Acid proofing protector for matt marble. Protects marble surfaces from acid aggressions of common food substances like: lemon, wine, fruit juices, soft drinks and also from soaps and perfumes.
SAFE MARBLE MATT covers the superficial porosity creating an imperceptible protective coat that separates acids from the surface. Owing to its special composition it doesn't turn yellow with UV rays and on mostly marble sorts it does not change the natural color. SAFE MARBLE MATT treated surfaces become water and oil repellent.
Resists: lemon, vinegar, fruit juices,fruit, soft drinks, champagne, wine, coffee, oil, limescale, parfumes, solvents, household chemicals.
1 litre for approx. 20 - 30 m2 depending on the finish of the surface and on its absorption.
- - Protection from contact with all acidic food substances and normal household chemicals.
- - Protects from dirt in general Water-repellent.
- - It does not create a peeling layer.
- - It does not turn yellow.
- - Stable and tested product ( 6 years on the market, no surprises or instability)
- - Can be applied before or after installation
- - Workable for hours
- - Food Contact Certified
- - Available for several finishes: (polished, rough, brushed)
- - Water-repellent
- - Anti-stain
- - Oil repellent
- - Makes cleaning easier
- - Reversible (Removable within 24/48 hours without grinding using our IPA solvent and after 48 hours with steel wool).
- - Only for natural surfaces; not for agglomerates or composites.
- - Correct small imperfections of the surface.
Resistance and lasting
Resistance duration depends on the material where it is applied. On very hard materials it is stronger than on tender ones. The resistance also depends on the kind of substances and /or food and on their different acid concentration. For example, acid fruits like lemons may have different concentrations of citric acid depending on the area of the world where they are. Considering these variables any general indication about lasting may be incorrect, therefore we invite you to carry out specific tests on a sample of the material you would like to make acid-resistant or to send us a sample of the material you would like to treat and we will carry out the test for you free of charge. Our tests show that on certain materials SAFE MARBLE MATT resists acids like a lemon until the drops dry out, without creating any kind of damage to the finish. Please remind that like when using anti-stain sealers also the antiacid products do not offer everlasting protection but they allow us to have enough time for removing the acid substances without damages to the material.
The lasting of the treatment is the same as other treatments, so in general around 2/3 years. Please note that the lasting of the treatment does not depend only on the composition of the product but also on the maintenance and the care carried out by the final customer so also in this case our indications are a general indication.
SHAKE BEFORE USING.
PRODUCT TO BE PREPARED. DO NOT USE BEFORE MIXING.
- The application of SAFE must take place in a clean and dry, air-and-dustless environment. The surface must be clean and totally dry.
- The surface must not be treated with waxes or sealers.
- Apply the product at a temperature of 18-25 °C
- Clean the surface using the SAFE disc and water or the product MG SOLVENT.
- Clean the roller with the supplied adhesive paper, passing the roller several times on it so as to eliminate dirt, impurities, etc. and to avoid their contact with the surface to be treated.
- Pour the whole content of SAFE MARBLE MATT and pour it into the SAFE SOLVENT can, shake, pour into the container, and dip the roller.
- Only pour into the container the products you will need for the surface. DO NOT pour the whole product into the container, otherwise, the sponge roller will absorb too much product and the result will not be the best.
- Please, be careful with the quantity of product used. It is important to use the right quantity. Not too much, not too little. (around 50 ml/m2 depending on the absorption of the material)
- Spread out the product evenly on the surface with a little pressure on the roller. In that way the product absorbed by the sponge roller will be released on the surface to treat.
- Carry out immediately crossed passages with the roller, without pressure on it, so to even the applied product and remove the excess of the product leaving only the light coat needed for protection. Generally 3 / 4 crossed passages are needed. Then pass again the roller without pressure for about 30 seconds.
- Apply at least 2/3 coats (it is possible to apply more coats if the surface is very absorbing).
- Wait 2/3 hours between one coat and the other.
- If the final effect is polished or shiny it means that it should have been applied better, especially passing the roller for about 30 seconds without pressure or that the waiting time between the coats has not being respected.
- In case of application traces you may remove them using the supplied SAFE MATT disc with some water to obtain a perfect finish.
- The product is dry to touch in some hours, but before carrying out aggressive tests allow it to cure for a minimum of 5/7 days at a temperature of 18-20°C.
- If you allow the surface to dry longer, the protection will be increased
For ordinary maintenance we recommend regular use of the cleaner MGP 24. We also recommend following the free formation sessions available so as to have our full support, useful both for who already has experience in application and especially for who is doing this for the first time.
Care and Maintenance
For the ordinary cleaning use MGP 24 neutral detergent. If not available use a nonaggressive neutral detergent so to extend the life of the treatment. DO NOT USE abrasive sponges or rough tools for cleaning; use a soft cloth or a microfibre instead. Abrasive sponges or tools may damage the aesthetical effect of the treatment but also attack the marble itself. DO NOT CUT directly onto the treated surface and DO NOT DRAG tools or heavy objects on it. Remind that even if the treatment is imperceptible, it lays onto the surface.
Before using the product, read the toxicological datasheet and the label detailing all risks and the personal protective equipment to be used for correct use. The data of this technical data sheet is based on reliable information. Despite this, the manufacturer cannot know in advance the condition of the materials to be processed and the way of the use of the product. Therefore, he disclaims any and all responsibility for damage arising from the inadequacy of the product for special applications.
Before treating or cleaning surfaces, carry out a test on an invisible point to prevent possible damages, since our responsibility is limited to the warranty of the purchased product and therefore we disclaim any responsibility for damages resulting from negligence or wrong use.
Keep out of reach of children.
If the product goes into eyes, rinse eyes thoroughly with water.
Packaging and Storage
Keep the original, sealed container in a covered, ventilated, dry environment, and keep away from heat or low temperatures. After the use keep the package well closed, so the product has a shelflife of approx. 36 months.